Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What's Trending at Well-Thee

What a winter it’s been!  Snow, ice, shovel and repeat.  I know Well-thee has been MIA for a few months and I apologize, but the spring has me excited, relaxed and ready to go! 

Over the last few months, I have a discovered a few things that I absolutely love.  In order to get caught up with all of you, today’s post will be to give you some reviews of what has me excited.  Enjoy!


MyChelle Incredible Pumpkin Peel:  I was at Whole Foods one day and a representative of this skincare line was there giving away samples.  I am a huge fan of samples of things because I use them at the gym and traveling and it gives me a chance to try new products without wasting money or full-size packaging.  I picked a few and absolutely fell in the love with one of their treatment masks made with pumpkin.  The Incredible Pumpkin Peel is a very active, exfoliating mask that smells exactly like pumpkin pie.  I love my regular skincare routine, but using this once or twice a week has been a nice addition.  I feel like it leaves my skin smooth and clear.  I swear, the first time I used it I had a breakout and the next morning it was basically gone.  LOVE!  You can order it on this website.

The Kindle:  I got one of these a month or so ago and I absolutely love it.  There are still plenty of books I will want in hard copy  - the books I love, want to re-read, books of poetry, etc – but there are plenty others I don’t need cluttering up my house.  With most books priced $9.99 or below, no paper involved and a battery that lasts up to ONE MONTH, this is the most green and most convenient thing I’ve bought in a long time.  I purchased mine at Target, but you can buy them direction from Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Store


Skinnygirl Dish by Bethenny Frankel:  I am so lucky to live with a man that loves any food I put in front of him.  I love food and, most of the time, I like cooking, but I am no gourmet chef.  I asked for this cookbook for Christmas because I heard that Bethenny Frankel does a lot of healthier versions of comfort food in this cookbook and that sounded like something I might actually get into.  This cookbook definitely delivers on that front, but what I actually love about it even more is that every recipe has a number of “use what you have” substitutions at the end.  If you don’t have wheat flour, use white; if you don’t have basil, use cilantro or parsley, etc, etc.  I find this to be EXTREMELY convenient and cost effective.  It’s also much more green to use what you have in your pantry rather than drive to the grocery store and buy 10 ingredients for one recipe.  You can read a sample and order the book here: Skinnygirl Dish on Amazon

AG Jeans:  Remember when nice denim was something you bought at The GAP and never cost more than $50?  Yeah, well, I think those days are dead.  Designer denim has taken over the world and, I have to say, they look a heck of a lot better than the ones I wore in high school.  I have become particularly enamored with AG Jeans because they have a variety of fits and a few that seem to work particularly well for my – a-hem – shapely backside.  But, what I’m especially loving is that they have introduced a new, eco-friendly way to process their jeans and give them that faded look and the softness of weathering while using much less water, chemicals and energy.  That’s designer denim to brag about.  Get more info by clicking here.


Check out some of the things above and let me know what you think – feedback is always welcome!  “What’s Trending at Well-thee” will continue next week.  And, as always, if you have something you would like us to review, drop us a line and we’ll be happy to oblige!  (welltheeyou@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment