Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Well-thee Reviews Tata Harper Skincare

For Christmas my very thoughtful future sister-in-law gave me a sample kit of a new, entirely natural skin care line made in Vermont.  The line was created by (and named after) Columbian-born Tata Harper.  Harper states on her website that her goal was to create high performance skin care that had absolutely no chemicals whatsoever.

Now, I can’t find any information on exactly how Harper is able to afford her lifestyle and pour thousands of dollars into developing skincare, but she does describe living between New York and a 1,200 acre organic farm in Vermont.  She also describes the journey of developing the skincare line like this; “My quest has taken me to ancient-walled laboratories in European castles, to English lavender fields that stretched out like a sea of purple and white and to the verdant green valleys of Vermont.”  Sounds nice, huh? 

Between the romanticism of the story and the remarkable beauty of Harper herself, it’s hard not to get excited about the products.  The complete facial skincare line consists of 8 products.  Again, all of the ingredients are completely natural and some are even organic and produced on the farm in Vermont where Harper lives. 

The Upside:  The Hydrating Floral Essence (kind of like toner, but you just spray it directly on your face) and the Resurfacing Mask are my favorite of the products.  The Hydrating Floral Essence smells amazing and it’s a really nice mid-day refresher.  The mask goes on like a gel and dries pretty quickly.  The directions say to leave it on for 30 minutes, but I only left it on for about 15 because I felt like it might dry my skin out.  However, when I washed it off, my skin felt really soft and gently exfoliated.  I didn’t use the Rejuvinating Serum long enough to see any anti-aging results, but it felt weightless on my skin and definitely seemed to help with moisturizing. 

The Downside: Overall, I think the line is really nice, but probably more for aging and/or dry skin.  I emailed with one of the sales women and she said they are working on a line for more oily/combination skin, but they are not sure when that will be available.  I didn’t care for the cleanser, which has exfoliating granules in it that I thought were a little harsh and the Rebuilding Moisturizer has a little bit of a sticky texture that I didn’t like.  Ditto on the eye cream.  The biggest downside to this line is that it is REALLY expensive.  Most of the products are priced from $75-$150.  Harper states that she didn’t create the line with a price point in mind; she just wanted to create the best products she could.  She also admits that her line is aimed at competing with expensive European lines like La Prarie and that she hopes that prices can come down if some of the ingredients become more widely available. 

While I remain devoted to Enfuselle Skincare by Shaklee, if I’m feeling flush some month, I would definitely consider integrating the mask and the floral essence in my skincare routine.

If you would like to find out more, check out tataharperskincare.com. 

Have you heard of something you’d like Well-thee to review?  Let us know at welltheeyou@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment