Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gorgeous Skin, Solid Ethics


Okay, so I took a wee break to, you know, get married and stuff.  But, thanks to an incredible product, I’ve been inspired to come out of hibernation and bring you all a review.

Because of the blog, I was offered a free sample of Global Face Serum, formulated by eco-fab make up artist Lina Hanson, to try.  To be honest, I wasn’t expecting much.  I feel like there is a new skin care product out every single day that makes new claims and you only have to walk into Sephora to see how saturated the market is. 

Global Face Serum is a collection of oils that are each hailed by women in their native countries as a “beauty secret”.  Lina Hanson has brought together all of these in one bottle.  Even better, the ingredients are sourced in socially responsible ways and a few of the oils in the serum are from ingredients grown by women’s cooperatives. 

Since receiving the sample about a month ago, I’ve been using it every night and I’m very impressed by the results.  I have combination skin that can be prone to break outs, but I’m also concerned about preventing aging.  From what I’ve been so far, this serum absolutely addresses all of my concerns.  I’m kind of amazed.  My pores seem tighter, I have not broken out even once since using it, and I haven’t had any patchy dryness that I’m prone to in the winter. 

Though the serum is expensive - $85 – I plan to keep this in my routine.  It feels amazing and I like that I can feel good about purchasing it.  Oh, and did I mention is smells like heaven on earth? 

And more good news!  Win a generous-sized sample of this product!  “Like this post on Well-thee's Facebook page and “like” Lina Hanson’s Facebook page and be entered to win!  Good luck!

1 comment: